Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, September 13, 2018

AUTUMN EVE (photomorph) & EARLY MORNING IN FALL (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


EARLY MORNING IN FALL

Sunlight descends to my terrace
and spreads like fingers.
I settle on an arm of my couch
just within their golden reach
and practice on my flute.

Last yellow leaves on trees below
tremble, then tumble in a light breeze,
the morning moon a faint smudge.

Three men suddenly appear at the edge
of the street, as if conjured by the call
of my bamboo flute.

They amble companionably across
its dark abyss towards a "House for Sale."

Two are older, closer to my season
than the third, who is dressed to whistling
in white jeans, white sweatshirt,
white sneakers; his hair,
a brief embrace of dark.

My flute warbles plaintively.
Can he hear me, up here,
behind my glass terrace door?
Does he recognize my song?

All I want is someone
to slow dance with me,
in a room crowded
with other slow dancers


I wonder if his eyes match the dense dark
of his hair, or if, like the sky today,
shine cool and clear.

He speaks to his companions and waves
his hands like a baton, in sync
with the flutter of my deep
voiced flute:

All I want is someone
to slow dance with me


He purposely mounts the brick steps,
his flat butt barely re-filling
the seat of his white jeans
with each step.

He calls over his broad shoulder
to the other two men, his mouth
moving like mine against my flute:

All I want is someone

Three windows on the top floor
of the house glint in the sunlight
as if with barely contained delight.

He enters the doorway and disappears
into the dark, as smooth and vibrant
as the lowest tone of my flute:

All I want ...

I run out of breath
as he carefully shuts the door.

* * * * * * * *

[non-dream free verse poem written November 1989/rev. 1-02. Very old poem of mine. One I've always had a certain amount of affection for, but had trouble with, so put on the back-burner years ago. When I ran across it today, I found I can't, for the life of me, recall what any of the trouble I had with it was. So, I made some tiny tweaks. And for what it may be worth on this early fall day, here 'tis! Photomorph "Autumn Eve" (10-22-09 7717v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home