Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, September 02, 2018

FISHING IN THE LIGHT (photomorph) & ON THE FLY (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


ON THE FLY

I should be grateful for "catch and release,"
you say? be thankful you didn't keep me on
the hook just for the fun of it? and show me
off to your friends: "See, she's as stuck on me
as a woman can get"? hells bells, man,
fuggedaboudit!

I've never liked dangling in the wind, my feet
way above the ground, not knowing when the line
by which I hang might unravel or break, fearful
a pair of strong arms won't be there
to prevent a shocking plummet

no, I'm what could be called "a keeper," maybe
not the gem that expression implies but certainly
worth enough to take hold off and not let go, not
toss back as you hope that the fresh swirl
that's caught your eye already in the glittering
offing, will accept another of your on the fly,
oh-so-manly hooks


[non-dream free verse poem written 8-29-18. Not sure quite why this one came up at this time. It's pretty much an old issue, but maybe it's a warning or a wake-up call. Or even (and this is most likely) unfinished business. Photomorph "Fishing in the Light" (9-15-16 004v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home