Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, September 07, 2018

END OF THE ROAD (photomorph) & MAKING A MOVE (dream narrative) by Roswila


MAKING A MOVE

all of us -- two men, I, and a vague fourth
person -- pack our personal stuff in suitcases
and bundles in a rush to move out of the place
in which we've been living; our huge, still
back-firing jalopy squats by the side door,
as the other three fill it with the artifacts
of their lives; but I'm not able to finish packing
my entire kit and caboodle fast enough before
the other three take off in the grumbling old car
with its shot suspension, leaving me in the smoke
and noise of its wake, wondering if the three
of them even hear my cries to, at the very least,
wait for me to get in the ancient auto (much less
load all my stuff); the obese guy in the driver's seat,
wearing not much more than his usual impish grin,
suddenly pulls over at a sharp angle with the front
end up on the curb so that the car's all a-tilt
and the stash of suitcases and bundles shifting
with squeaks and shushing; I'm surprised that they
(or maybe only he) had actually noticed I wasn't
on board; I squeeze myself into the car, no longer
sure that this change of residence will be worth
it, not to mention having to abandon most of my
belongings as well, as it's clear they barely have
the patience to let me get on board, and who knows
how rough the trip in this dilapidated car will be,
and yet I begin to enjoy the increasing feeling
of being a rebel, as none of us seems concerned
with appearances or making this move in a more
organized, socially approvable way, only
with going some place new


[narrative on a dream of 9-5-18. Photomorph "End of the Road" (9-02-18 002v8) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home