Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 10, 2018

COSMIC WINDS (photomorph) & THE BIRTH OF TRIPLETS (three dream images) by Roswila


THE BIRTH OF TRIPLETS

one:

she looks up laughing, almost bending over backwards
as she faces and openly accepts the drubbing the indoor
rain is giving her, even this pelting is better than
perpetual rejection, or worse yet, being totally
ignored as if not there at all


two:

the tired skeleton leans against the inside ledge of an
adobe window, its eye sockets even emptier than one
can imagine, its black leather jacket zipped tight
with the collar turned up high enough to almost hide
its garish jaw bones and teeth, as if against a cosmic
wind it senses coming


three:

the tabby kitten's head falls back and its mouth opens
as it slides into its umpteenth nap of the day on a couch
cushion, escaping the challenge of dealing with torrents
of indoor rain or the unknown winds of the void
outside the window


[all three images dreamed on 9-9-18. These dreams occurred in rapid succession. I woke up in the wee hours already recalling the first. I immediately fell back to sleep and the second image rose as I woke again. I momentarily thought I should make notes on these two, but fell back to sleep again and had that third dream, waking almost right away. (I know the timing because I checked my cell phone each time. Something I always do when I wake in the night.) I then stayed up and made notes on all three, thinking then as I do now, that I don't really "get" them. I do find the centrality of mouths in all three intriguing and, respectively, the water, wind, and then water and wind elements. I've always greatly enjoyed these sorts of surreal dream images, so if for only that I'm delighted to post them today. Decades ago, I remember reading somewhere that as we get older our dreams tend to become more "realistic," and at that time I felt a bit sad at that thought as I'd always liked my nightly surreal dreams. And this turning toward "realism" has proven to be true, at least for me, and I am a bit sad about it. Actually, as I look back, it was one of the earliest "symptoms" of "old age" for me. Photomorph "Cosmic Winds" (8-17-18 008v8c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home