Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 01, 2008

ALL DREAMKU POSTED IN AUGUST 2008



my worn old guitar
sits on the coffee table
caressing its curves
he says it may be battered
but it's still quite musical


Taiga Image: cropped and altered, from Picasso's "Group of Female Nudes"
Dream Tanka: P. Kelly
I hope to use images for haiku and tanka more this way, i.e. to unmask the metaphor of the dream.


What a busy month! I’ve got quite a life brewing here.  This capping dreamku to a dream tanka pair of August 29th says it all:

all I left or lost
will slowly be replaced here
recycling magic



ALL DAILY DREAMKU POSTED IN AUGUST 2008


August 1, 2008

he doesn't let me
collide with the stumbling drunks
on a rain slick street
I continue with my latest
difficult delivery

[dream tanka]



August 2, 2008

we board the subway
and all of the lights go off
I grip her walker
and ask if it’s OK to
hold on to keep my balance

[dream tanka]



August 3, 2008

two women and I
follow another woman
whose wise words need heart
I tell the women near me
we’re the counterbalances

[dream tanka]



August 5, 2008
DREAM OF DREAMING A NIGHTMARE*

In the dream, I let myself fall asleep even knowing I may be vulnerable to whatever is after me.

up my back
a fog of seeping darkness
hot breath
I toss my shoulders in this dream within a dream and shake it off, but the invasive demon-shaped dark returns instantly. I hear my stepmother typing in the other room.

soundless cries
rip from my throat
Ma! Mom! Mother!
In this dream within a dream, I know she’ll come if only I can make enough noise. No sound above a rough croak results from my strenuous efforts.

a loud sharp yell
bursts from me at last
I dream I wake

* * * * * * * *


A dream haibun from May 2008
This is a dreamku from May 2008, but one I wrote about a friend's dream about me. :-) The "Seer" is me and the "I" is her.

August 6, 2008

he’s moved the paintings
on my walls farther apart
morning after



August 7, 2008

tight black pant suit
he comments slyly on my weight
but continues flirting



August 8, 2008

fireside easy chair
the purple Irish Setter
won’t stop licking me



August 9, 2008

liquid paper cartoon
iron rubs out the white face
on the dark wood floor



August 10, 2008

a rock stands against
the sea's passionate assault
the Seer knows I watch*

*


August 11, 2008

[see dream taiga at top of this post]



August 12, 2008

the healer’s neither
blind nor really a healer
I walk up to him
and expose the false healings
but let the faked blindness go

[dream tanka]



August 13, 2008

long estranged and gone
my once best friend confronts me:
recognize this!



August 14, 2008

I'm a large nude man
in a dark subway station
after a short swim
I pray my towel hides me
then hear: look up the word "chill"

[dream tanka]



August 15, 2008

I jump off the ledge
and as always fall slowly
soft tip-toe landing



August 16, 2008

I don’t like any
complicated dream theory
and the man agrees
I’m stunned then when he jumps out
while driving me in our car

[dream tanka]



August 17, 2008

I lift my tom and
a female cat to my breast
welcome weight



August 18, 2008

where have I seen this
terra cotta bowl before
is this another sick bed
my caring will rest beside
or just the past curving through

[dream tanka]



August 19, 2008

I ask the tall man
to pull the bus’s stop cord
second thoughts



August 20, 2008

prisoner-warden
he reaches under the bed
for something important



August 21, 2008

the handsome stranger
presses himself against me
talking about food
my body responds to him
but I tell him to step back

he goes on talking
again angling against me
in the empty store
we agree it’s not the rich
who bear the weight of the past

[dream tanka pair, from one dream]



August 22, 2008

I enjoy his joy
at his shy son’s singing
many part harmony



August 23, 2008

NEW YORK DREAMING FROM CALIFORNIA*

in my robe I walk
all the way to Forest Hills
from my Elmhurst home
I suddenly realize
I’ve no money to get back

after much walking
I take a yellow taxi
then climb the three flights
for cash to pay the driver
he’ll have to trust I’ll return

* dream tanka pair, from one dream



August 24, 2008

she trembles grasping
her vacation photographs
do you need scissors
to open them up, I ask
my ancient pain just like hers

[dream tanka]



August 25, 2008

for exercise class
I rationalize wearing
my lace bra and slip
she tactfully talks with me:
this will discomfit others

[dream tanka]



August 26, 2008

street fighting neighbors
I slam my shutters in fear
and wait for the cops



August 27, 2008

I don’t know the rules
but still enter the foot race
through carpeted halls
two racers taunt as I stretch
I won’t let them get to me

[dream tanka]



August 28, 2008

there’s a mountain
of hand laundry to be done
I hear voices rise
from my stuff-packed living room
two strange young couples greet me

he extends a hand
“let me introduce myself...”*
new friend or burglar

*
I woke singing this line, from The Stones song “Sympathy for the Devil”

[dream tanka and dreamku on one dream]



August 29, 2008

he eats only half
of the large wrapped sandwich
then just puts it down
I pick it up and go find
a legal dump site for it

I show him the piles
of junk awaiting pickup
graceful old bottles
he wants to give to others
I find a new sewing box

all I left or lost
will slowly be replaced here
recycling magic

[two dream tanka and a dreamku all on one dream]



August 30, 2008

he and his woman
make good their crazy escape
from the audience
he quickly slits her throat
and returns to watch the show

[dream tanka]



August 31, 2008

the presence predicts
I'll freeze at first ghost contact
but I'm on a roll
across the bridge by starlight
feet first on a swift gurney

[dream tanka]
 
‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Blogger VCW said...

Hello Patricia,

What a line up of Dream verse you had this month. I finally got over to see it. I am so happy for you that you are coming alive again in your community. I love your expressive ku:

all I left or lost
will slowly be replaced here
recycling magic

It warms my heart and gives me hope. My life is still dangling out in cyberspace somewhere, but I can feel that I am closer to the magic.

-VCW

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger VCW said...

Your nightmare in a dream is familiar to me. I have had similar experiences ... right down to the silent screams for mother. I am glad that you were able to avoid the pitfalls of depression and migraines. Life does sound good for you right now. You deserve it, my friend.

-VCW
Charline

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks for your support, Charline! Sorry you've had similar dreams, but as I said about mine, I'm very grateful I did have it. Hope yours were equally helpful ultimately.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi again Charline,

YOU SAY: "It warms my heart and gives me hope. My life is still dangling out in cyberspace somewhere, but I can feel that I am closer to the magic."

I'm seeing, more and more clearly, how magic is almost entirely a matter of intention. And then just letting go and seeing what the universe does with it all.

For instance, I've been putting out the intention of having a "romance." I wasn't attaching to a particular guy (not a good idea, you usually just wind up tying yourself in love knots! LOL), and I didn't get very specific on qualities I am looking for, which *is* a good idea. The upshot? The universe kept tossing men into my path in a social way I've not ever experienced before. All of it fun and interesting and encouraging. The funniest was the 43 year old stoned musician, who didn't even stop flirting when he found out I am 65! (The measure probably of how stoned he was. LOL!) True, no romance yet, but the universe responded and I responded by enjoying it all. I'm now in a place where I know a "romance" is coming. All this with only a minimal amount of "actual" magic (i.e. working with scented oils).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home