Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 28, 2008

TAIGA: Response to One Single Impression Prompt of 6/29/08


The prompt this week at ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION is “Doorway.” The above taiga (illustrated tanka) is The Empress (III) from my work-in-progress, The Taiga Tarot. In Tarot the cards are sometimes corresponded to letters from the Hebrew alphabet. The usual letter associated with The Empress is “Daleth,” which in noun form means “door.” I’ve always found that highly appropriate for the archetypal mother card, as our mother is our doorway into this life. I also tend to see The Great Goddess in The Empress, so “doorway" is certainly appropriate in this respect, too. (Please note that the information below the card design above speaks to the dream it was inspired by, and that the taiga I am designing for the Taiga Tarot are rather non-traditional.)

You can visit ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION and step through the intriguing doorways offered by others in response to this prompt.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 1:33 AM , Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the explanation of the tarot card. I read top to bottom and then bottom to top and found myself passing through a doorway to sense the wonder of the Empress.

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the imagery in your poem! "Midnight rain" is really powerful!

Also enjoyed reading your explanation!

 
At 4:22 AM , Blogger me ann my camera said...

"She unrolls a field of sunflowers"... I love the image these words provoke. I can see a prairie scene of unending fields of sunflowers stretching to the horizon; all encompassing. Lovely.

 
At 4:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patricia,

Your poem depicted the gift of life lying pregnant and waiting to pass through the doorway of birth. Very nice.

 
At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"our mother is our doorway into this life"_and to all things beautiful-thank u for 'the unending fields of sunflowers' and "Midnight rain"..

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Edward S Gault said...

At each stage of our life there is a doorway to the next.
A fine poem.
Thank You.

 
At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great graphics to go with your poem. I learn something every week when I visit here.

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The visual impact of your words are wonderful!

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I love this one!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Kathie Brown said...

Nice image and poem.

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger indicaspecies said...

The explanation is as interesting as the verse. Thank you.:)

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Raven said...

I love this one very much, both the poem and the visual way in which you "drew" it. The explanation of the tarot card was very interesting too... I had never thought of the Empress as a doorway... and I like the connection of her to the mother and the doorway of the womb.

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger DeLi said...

life...when i think about it, doorway is about the continuity and discontinuity whihc is but a part of life :)

 
At 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is mezmerizing.. birth as a doorway... and meshed w/in a dream.. did not know abt the cards corresponding to the hebrew alphabet... another piece of information for later reviewing.. the cards have always been a mystery to me..

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi one more believer,

And the Tarot is still a mystery to me. :-) Just as with people, no matter how well I may get to know someone there is always something not only new to learn, but something essentially mysterious that draws further inquiry and interest... and delight, and, yes, occasionally frustration. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home