Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, July 27, 2008

POEM: Response to One Single Impression Prompt of 7/27/08


BEAUTIFUL

I feel beautiful
beauty filled
full of beauty
deeply fed

by the beauty
in the face of each soul
who drifts by like one petal
from a vast mysterious rose

by the beauty
of this one Heart
more astounding than any flower,
that gently enfolds my attempts
to name it

this most patient of Hearts
that opens ever and again,
turned away from or no

Yes, I feel beauty full

* * * * * * * *


This week’s prompt at ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION is “faces.” The above poem was the direct result of sitting on a bench by a garden after dinner, as fellow residents walked to/from dinner. I was wearing a long pale green skirt with a slightly darker green blouse. And when someone would comment on how nice that combination looked I’d joke “I feel like I should be in a terra cotta pot.” Each passerby had a radiant smile to my hello, and many stopped to chat, some even sat down for awhile to schmooze. It was one of those rare and incredible times in which I felt that one-ness with everyone and everything, my personal "I" muted within connectedness.

[Image: courtesy of Zodiac Arts]

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem and the accompanying notes about the inspiration - beauty fill and joy full!

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger storyteller said...

What a lovely image, poem, and message for the day! All is beautiful ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

from way over here, I could see you. And, BOY, did you look good.
Beauty Full.
Love,
Karen

 
At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your lovely poem and the inspiration for it. Sometimes I think the best moments in life come when we are sitting quietly. Also had a chance to look at the Zodiac site - the mandalas are incredible; I like the one you chose to put with your poem.

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Kathie Brown said...

I love this poem and this idea of being full of beauty from deep within that radiates to the outside. We all want to feel beautiful. This poem is an encouraging taste of that possibility.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home