Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 08, 2008

SCIFAIKU: Response to One Single Impression Prompt of 6-8-08



sleeping kittens
float by the delighted child
no-gravity surprise


The prompt this week at ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION is "pets." The small poem above is a scifaiku, a haiku-based scifi/fantasy theme form I've shared here a few times before.

I'm sure you will enjoy a visit to ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION, where you can read the full prompt and others' intriguing responses.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 2:57 PM , Blogger SandyCarlson said...

I can imagine this! What a wonderful poem. Thanks.
Writing in Faith: Poems

 
At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How delightful! How many times I wished for that very event as a child!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Raven said...

Sweet photo, sweet scifaiku.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Sweet photo and verse!

pet peeves

 
At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the cutest kitten photo and such a sweet haiku.

 
At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this is what dreams are made of.

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Eva Yaa Asantewaa said...

I could look at that photo all day, and your evocative poem is a delight to comtemplate, too.

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Eva, what a delight to have a visit from you. Yes, I can imagine you'd enjoy those kittens. :-)

 
At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

..visiting the beauty of dreams..many thanks..

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Quiet Paths said...

This paints a clear dream.... delightful.

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi All!

I can see clearly why one would think I'm referencing a dream in this little poem. But it's not a dreamku, it's a scifaiku. What I had in my, um, shall I say, warped mind's eye was a child on a space ship when the gravity was off, watching her or his kittens float by....

However, after typing all that I guess it really doesn't matter a whole lot whether it's read as dream-based or as having been spun in my conscious imagination. It's still the product of non-ordinary consciousness. :-)

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger DeLi said...

poignant!

thank you for visiting my place :-)

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger Edward S Gault said...

Very pleasant immagery.
I enjoyed it very much,
Thank You!

 
At 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that made me laugh... floating kitties... how i would laugh to see such a sight!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home