Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 26, 2008

IN A NEW SPACE: a dream haibun, by Patricia Kelly



IN A NEW SPACE
(a haibun, on a dream of 3/25/08)

On the concrete stoop outside her new home sits a bowl of still warm popcorn. I know it's meant for each visitor to sample, but I hungrily eat it all.

unpopped kernels
I leave the blue bowl behind
and climb the few stairs


I ask if her small compact home is modular. No corner of its design is wasted, with polished golden-brown wood all around.

she beckons
I squeeze down the spiral stairs
to the lower level


The living room is airy and light-filled. She walks toward a curtained door and gestures in invitation.

opened drapes
the seashore curves gently
just beyond the glass


* * * * * * * *

IMAGE: by the kind permission of Liquid Sculpture.com. Give yourself a treat and visit this site.

* * * * * * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home