Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 01, 2008

RESPONSE TO ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION PROMPT of 6/1/08


This week's prompt at ONE SINGLE IMPRESSION is "freedom," and the main sample poem is about remembering those whose went to war.

I'm not sharing work of my own this week, as when I was reading the full prompt I was reminded of a review I wrote of a book of haiku by John Dunphy, called OLD SOLDIERS FADING AWAY. In this review are several poems that speak to this week's prompt.

As always, you can visit One Single Impression for the full prompt and sample poems, as well as others' creative responses.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for this link and for another poetry resource!
Writing in Faith: Poems

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Raven said...

Thanks for the link. Some moving haikus... I especially like the one about aging veterans reflected on the names of young men.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Raven,

Yes the haiku you mention is probably my favorite. Sad in that two generations of war vets are called to mind, yet also that sense of honoring those who went before.

 
At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Roswila,
Thanks for ur contribution..

 
At 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I am married to a vet so it means a lot to me.

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi teric,

I'd hoped when I first posted that review that it might reach some veterans and their families. It is good to hear it has done so now.

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Thanks for the link. I liked it!

voice of reason

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home