Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 10, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Promt of 9-10-07




slow train
the shaft of sunlight on my neck



The prompt this week at One Deep Breath is “simplicity.” This haiku is about an old memory, from when I was still working and commuting. Not only was it a lovely experience for what was very often a tense subway ride, but it was one of the simplest and at the same time most profound moments of my entire life.

One Deep Breath is now having us post our haiku and/or our permalinks in their comments. So when you visit (link above), you will need to check the comments to their “simplicity” prompt to enjoy others responses for this week.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Jo said...

Very good; I have enjoyed the same. Thanks for the permalink info, I knew how to get that addy, just not how to link it 'live'. How do you do that? Tumblewords sent me directions, but I couldn't get that to work either. I am a luddite!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'll post it in a comment on your blog; it's using html coding...

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I love the image and serenity these two lines create! Love it! I can hear a coyote howl...

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Now why would I especially like this one Ros? LOL
Annie from
the slow-moving train.

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oy, AnnieElf, yes, why would you like this one? :-)

Slow train rides can be so wonderful. I'd hoped to have that sort of enjoyment on a cross the USA trip I took many years ago. But AMTRAK tends to speed, willy-nilly at shake-em-up speed! LOL! I have since learned of special train trips geared to the enjoyment. So if I ever do cross country again, I'll do it that way.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

What a lovely image. It really is the simple things that bring the most pleasure. I enjoy traveling by train or car; you see more that way.

 
At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very evocative. I've had similar experiences in tense situations. Awareness is a wonderful thing...

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger mitzh said...

I love the calm it gave me.

Thanks for visiting my page, I am glad you like my haiku entry.

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Clare said...

Hi Roswila! I loved your haiku -- it evokes such a wonderful sensation and feeling. It felt like such a beautiful moment of grace. Really lovely!
:)

 
At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simplicity is simple, sun warms our hearts.

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Am I hearing you purr?
:)

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Patois42 said...

I feel quite relaxed. I do love the trains as they leave and as they return, slowing to a crawl.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger get zapped said...

You captured a simple moment so well I can see and feel the warmth of sunlight. Excellent!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Greggo said...

i haven't ridden a 'real' train since i was a kid, but i remember that special feeling of the rhythmic motion and hypnotic scenery flashing by. thanks for bringing back a pleasant memory!

 
At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So simple, but expresses so much. Perfect!

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful haiku. I love travelling by train

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home