Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, August 20, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 8/20/07



morning
the altar chime sings
ping ping ping silence


The prompt at One Deep Breath this week is “morning.” You can visit them to read the full prompt and to check out links to others’ experiences of morning.

The graphic above is a quilt of the Two of Cups in The Tarot by Joyce R. Hartley, from her Tarot Quilt Project. A Tarot deck of these designs is also available.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 5:29 AM , Blogger Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

a triple ping indeed

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger Clare said...

I LOVE this haiku -- the 3 pings followed by silence is a familiar sound to me and it is beautiful!
:)

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

TO ANYONE ELSE WHO VISITS HERE and leaves a comment: I'm having DSL woes, so I'm finding internet work and especially posting very difficult. Please forgive me if I do not respond to your comments for a few days. Or if I have not yet visited your sites to enjoy your "morning" responses.

 
At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to hear the haiku.

Hope your DSL is fixed soon.

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

The image is no less impressive than your words. Beautiful!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger megan said...

i love the silence at the end of the pings...the lovely moment of sitting still, right before my mind takes off.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Patois42 said...

Perhaps your DSL is the ping ping ping and now all you have is silence. A wonderful haiku that I can see and hear clearly.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

LOL, Patois! I'd had a similar thought. Great minds and all, hm? I'm making a sneak attack to post this response, as where I really get the error messages and delays is in trying to open comment pages or move back and forth between web/blog pages. It's my down- and uploading speed that seems to be the problem. Got a recorded message from Verizon DSL today saying they're still working on the problem. Sigh....

Oh, and mostly, thanks for visiting!

 
At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am familiar with the morning 'chimes' and especially the silence. Learning to embrace the silence has been the best part of my morning routine of contemplative practice (meditation). Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home