Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

IN MEMORY ....




In memory of my friend Sheryl's mother,
Sondra Simler,
who passed away peacefully yesterday morning.*


with love and deep sympathy,
Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]


*Image: "Corn Grinder," 1982 (bronze) by Houser, Allan (1914-1994)

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Patricia, Posting the sculpture photo in memory of your friend's mother was a sweet thing to do.

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, although I hardly knew her mother, she's a dear friend.

There's an interesting story behind how I came to get this "photo." I've been reading a book for reviewing, about bringing The Goddess into our lives. In it the author tells of her experience with Goddess paintings turning up in her life. The day Sondra died, and before I knew she had, I received a fund-raising mailing from a Native American group I sometimes donate to. When I opened their mailing I was stunned to see this "Corn Grinder" on several greeting cards. I immediately saw The Goddess in one of Her many guises! (And also realized that that book was really timely for me.) When I heard of Sondra's passing and wanted to make a post in memory, I immediately thought of this "Corn Grinder." The woman's presence in it is like that of a Goddess, and Her serenity and grace is amazing ... She is also much the Earth Mother, preparing nurturing for Her children.

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Sometimes things fall into our laps to be shared in a timely matter. Goosebumps.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home