Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 30, 2007

DREAMKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 4/30/07



the whirling seal
from beneath the frozen sea
joy or insanity

The above is what I am now terming a "dreamku." I.e., a haiku-inspired form about night dreams. This is a very old dream that I wrote a lengthy poem about years ago and just recently tried revising, to no good result. When I saw today's One Deep Breath prompt to create something on a "sea" theme I immedately saw the seal in the sea of this old dream.

You can visit One Deep Breath to read the entire prompt, and to enjoy the variety of others' responses.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Blogger Regina said...

I remember seeing a seal pop its head up out of the water when we were traveling the Gaspe Peninisula... and this was late in the year! I think he was having lots of fun, though- they seem to do that a lot...

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Seals always seem to be smiling, so I would opt for joy. Nice image.

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'm liking these positive takes on the seal's aspect in this old dream. Thanks! :-)

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I love the image of the whirling seal. Smiling of course!

 
At 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the seal's little cameo - i've never seen a seal in the sea (nor in a dream, for that matter!) so i'm not sure i can comment on its aspect, but i enjoyed the 'dreamku'!

 
At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be insanity for us, but natural for them. I see I am not the only one trying to figure out dreams of strange things and places.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home