Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, April 27, 2007

THE FUTURE OF DREAMS (Five Scifaiku)

Death (XIII), a Tarot card,


I've recently started organizing my haiku and other small poetry forms files. Although I've always kept paper copies of all my poems, with various computer crashes and the piles of unorganized paper copies, they have been in rather a mess for some time. Many don't have any date on them at all or any mention of where they may have been published, and too many aren't even on my current computer. It's quite an undertaking but I feel up to it.

The poems below of mine are scifaiku, a haiku based form with science fiction, fantasy or horror themes. I unearthed these as I began this big organizing project. They were all written back when I first discovered the form, probably all in 1998 or '99, and I've edited a couple slightly where I thought I could improve them. I've selected them because they all reference dreams.



THE FUTURE OF DREAMS
(Five Scifaiku)

refugees
they ride starships
we, dreams

invaded by bodies
the dream ship fades
lost in space

centuries
of frozen dreams
haunted cryo-ship

strange dreams, these
the elders say they are of earth
genetic flotsam

seventh generation
dreams of earth burn away
under the constant sun

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home