Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, April 15, 2007

A DREAMKU, & A PROBLEM WITH ENDINGS (Poem)

Mandala courtesy of Zodiac Arts



[dreamku]

rocky cove
the red sails on an anchored
sea-faring ship




A PROBLEM WITH ENDINGS

She tried again to explain her problem with
my poem’s ending, “Too pointed,” she said.

Years later a friend takes a different tack
“Let the opening image have its head,”
gently making that point I’d come to dread.

Today I see what they were saying as
I sail through poems by many others,
wincing when the occasional pointed
ending nails a vital image to the pier.

Here, hop on and release that mooring line....


* * * *

The dreamku and the dream it's based on are several weeks old. The poem I wrote a couple days ago. I was not thinking at all about the dream/dreamku when drafting the poem. But once completed, the poem opened the dream a bit more for me. Unfortunately, my mood today has me "nailed to the pier." Maybe it's that NorEaster that's on the way. Yes, I'll blame it on the weather. :-)

Resource: Free E-Poetry Books on PoemHunter.com (pdf format).

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home