Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 09, 2007

ONE-LINE HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 4/9/07



across what bridge .... this inspiration


This week's prompt is to think about "bridges." I was reminded that I've always wondered how my inspiration and ideas come to me (to anyone), from where, and how they get here, which resulted in the above one-liner. I then thought of The Hierophant in The Tarot as an appropriate illustration for it. Older names for this card are The Pope, or The Pontif, which means "bridge." And that accurately gets across (:-D) one aspect of The Hierophant: a channel for inner inspiration.

The wonderful card above is a very non-traditional version of The Hierophant and was done by Fulgour (using cut paper) for the Fourth Aeclectic Community Tarot Project.

Please visit One Deep Breath to read the full prompt and to view others' creative responses to it.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 7:21 PM , Blogger Jone said...

Thak you for a new word today: Hierophant. I need the channel for inner inspiration. Nice one line "ku.

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really like all the thought you put into this prompt and the idea of intermediary channeling.

 
At 12:43 AM , Blogger Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

first thought was that maybe this was a little short even for one line but staying with it I see the ellipse is respsentative of the bridge so no it really is a perfect little ku.

 
At 12:58 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

nice thought provoking one liner, I often wonder myself...

 
At 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a bit shocked by the one-line aspect at first, lol. Then I found that I liked the freedom of having more than one personal interpretation of the line. Very nice!

 
At 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new word for me, too. It explains why the Catholic church has a pope.

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger wrdup said...

Awe you enlighted me to something new.

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Neasa: Yes, one-line haiku are a fairly recent development (at least to my knowledge) in western haiku. I really like them as in form they echo the straight up and down of haiku done in Japanese calligraphy. Not to mention how they really stick very closely to one moment. As to the latter, I don't think this one-liner of mine is a particularly good example. As you note, it is very open to a wide range of interpretation. :-) If you'd like to read some truly fabulous one-liners, google for the author Marlene Mountain.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, ackworth born, I, too, had some hesistation that I might have gone too far to the other side (LOL!). So I'm glad it works for you. (BTW, I can hear a friend of mine saying that, given the use of the elipses, it's more like a concrete poem. :-D)

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Regina said...

Roswila- another gem from you! I always learn so much and am so inspired!

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Fascinating single line thought -
Fascinating new knowledge of Pope/Pontiff and its usage in Tarot. In fact, intriguing and thought-provoking.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

To all who commented specifically on the word hierophant: I should also have mentioned that (to the best of my memory) hierophant means "revealer of the sacred.":-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home