Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, April 29, 2007

ANOTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH DREAMS (Dream-Based Poem)

[The Fool card in The World Tree Tarot]


ANOTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH DREAMS
(or “An Odd Sort of Blessing On the Joyous Occasion
of Stephanie & Jay’s Wedding of 4/28/07")



I

the night before her wedding I dream

of hoping to catch that man’s attention as I fall slowly
down a cliff side toward shallow water

of landing in the flooded kitchen where two
small ovens stand side-by-side

of instructions for use bleeding across drowned pages

of the man from the cliff stepping out of his book,
a shadow from another century

of saying it’s a well-written story, especially for a romance

of the slick, pale green triptych we fold and open,
fold and open, but cannot read

of the author who demands my copy of his book

of every one of my painstaking notes falling out
to dissolve like salt in water

of the island woman reading her poems about death
and abuse, loss and sadness

of her rage briefly reflecting like the bright eyes
of a jaguar in the night

of the retired policeman’s poetry, cryptic and dark, one
word or fragment stacked above the other

of struggling to feel a way through his braided poems
as if they were brailled


II

I wake, my lips dry from kissing up to these ancient icons

Basta! I say out loud and Basta! again then burst out
in a spontaneous sing-song blessing, both reminder
and celebration of my friend’s wedding

Today, I will seek no reassurance, nor petition
for answers, but let the past toddle away
like last night’s dreams, naked and laughing,
a small child refusing to get dressed for the day


* * * *

Resource: Eternal Guild/Dream Art, and yet another way of dealing with our night dreams: some intriguing, brightly colored, dream-inspired paintings.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Blogger Sandra Mosley said...

I am awe-filled with yesterday's and today's entries. They are breathtakingly beautiful and inspirational. Thank you for sharing them.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thank you so much, Sandra. Comments like yours keep me writing! :-) Actually, that's only partially true. There's a part of me that has to write whether anyone else ever reads it or not. But then there's that other one who simply has to take the chance and share it... LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home