Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, November 23, 2007

NOT THE WINTER, by Patricia Kelly

fractal 17 by tom conolly


Not the winter, but what haunts it.
Not the sterile egg, but the expectation.
Not the two thousand rocks in a new garden,
but the wish for easy.


Seems rocks, both literally and figuratively, are very present in my life right now. (See my previous posts below.) In doing more file weeding (trying to get down how much I'll have to pay to ship them), I came across this old poem. I remember when writing it I was very self-consciously trying for a "zen" feel. It never felt like a very successful poem. However, on reading it now it does make a point I need to hear. Stick with what I am doing at any given moment. Yes, it's a lot and there's even more yet to do in these next two months as I prepare to move to California. But worrying and "what if-ing" is counterproductive.

Sigh. Wish (LOL!) it were easy (LOL!) to fully follow through on my own poem's observation.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home