Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SOME MOVING LEVITY


Yes, I'm getting more and more overwhelmed at the amount of work, the number of details to be attended to, and the coordination and planning my move to Santa Barbara, California at the end of this January is requiring. However, all this is not only well-balanced by the joy of why I am doing all this, but moments of laughter as I face these various questions and challenges:

1) I have many, many rocks, ranging from big and quite heavy, all the way down to mini-mini's that I've had on various altars and shelves around my large apartment. As shipping charges are by the pound, I can't take them with me. (Sob! Most are from Block Island, R.I., my favorite place on this planet.) I've placed them all on a shelf by my front door for when I have my house give-away and sale, with a sign that says "Take any or all, and give them a good home." From past experience I know some will actually be taken. "But what will I do with all the rest," I've been thinking for days. "Do a sneak-by midnight rocking of the neighborhood front yards?" (P.S. When my friend and downstairs neighbor saw the sign yesterday she agreed with me that it would not only be fine but nice to put any left over rocks in the backyard here. A zen rock garden ...)

2) Every time I work in either of my two email accounts I think "Oy, that's something else I have to do to lighten up, clean out my email folders." Sheeza Mareeza! My email folders don't have to be packed for Fed Ex by-the-pound ground shipping! ROTFLMAO....

3) In all I have to figure out and do and deal with concerning this move, the thing giving me the most grief and laughter is a big, broken down couch I have had in my third floor apartment for 23 years. When my roomate at that time and I got the couch second-hand, because it is so bulky and long it would not fit up the stairs. So the Salvation Army guys had to rope it and bring it up over our third floor terrace, which included taking off the glass terrace doors. However, they had no rope, but they did have a huge donated box of men's ties in the truck. So they knotted the ties, end to end, and used that as rope. OY! I had thought I would have to have friends reverse that process (argh!!!!), with real rope, of course. But it occurred to me that what I've been joking about doing might actually be a possible way to go: rent a hacksaw, have the couch hacked into two or three pieces, and cart those down the stairs. I've already requested an estimate on renting a hacksaw. Can you believe it? Starting in Your Neighborhood Theatres Today: "Chainsaw Massacre Part XX: The Embedded Couch."
* * * *

‘til next time, keep (California!) dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home