Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, October 29, 2007

SCIFAIKU FOR HALLOWEEN/SAMHAIN in Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 10/29/07


The prompt this week at One Deep Breath is “change.” October 31st marks a big change with All Hallow’s Eve and then the subsequent All Soul's Day. It is also New Year’s (Samhain) in my pagan tradition. So, as I hurry off to upstate New York to visit another retirement residence I’m interested in, I thought I’d leave you with some of my old scifaiku (haiku-like poems with scfifi/fantasy/horror themes) for Halloween/Samhain. I seriously doubt I’ll have any computer access at all during the three days I’m away, so I may not be able to make any posts, or check emails or comments until November second.

ghosts roar out
of the mercury waves
beached on old earth

* * * *

this new world’s fire
refuses to burn witches
kindred spirits

* * * *

bog fires
the fleshless bones of dancers
mark their own rhythms

* * * *

line of ghouls – Fresh Death Sale!

* * * *

hide in the caves, child
the Dragon is hungry
Green Cheese Moon

* * * *

an ego for lunch
hungry again in one hour
psi-vamp on the prowl

* * * *

snatching a soul
through the veil
dessert

* * * *


through your ghostly form
my sorrowing reach

* * * *

a nine-way kiss
takes some getting used to
hydra lover

* * * *

only dust
she sweeps where his soul
briefly danced

* * * *

immortal prison
your soul in the keep
of my dark heart

* * * *

the dark refuses
to hurry
a sun always rises


* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Blogger Jo said...

What a blistering imagination you have! I love the hydra lover! Happy Samhain to you!

 
At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how prolific you are! These are quite fun and I just love the very last.

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oh, yes, Jo, that "blistering imagination" has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the years. LOL!

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger get zapped said...

Yes, that last one is simply put!

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Jodi Peary said...

The image is fantastic. The words splendid. I hope the fires of today will not burn "witches,kindred spirits." I worry. Thank you! Hope you enjoyed your three day jaunt! barone

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

lots of fun for the season...the last leaves one with hope beyond the doubts

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Clare said...

Hi Roswila! These are absolutely brilliant and very creative -- I love them! What a wonderful treat for Halloween -- thank you!!! I hope your trip is enjoyable!
:)

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

very spooky - perfect for the time of year! Have a great trip!

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

enjoy your holiday

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Patois42 said...

These are great. And I love the name you've given them. "Scifaiku." Delicious. And a nice change up.

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

BTW, I did not develop the scfaiku form. It had been around quite some time when I stumbled across it in a scifaiku online yahoo group years ago that I'm still contributing to. (I do take credit for developing "dreamku," however, haiku-like poems based on night dreams). Here's a main source for info on scifaiku: Scifaiku.com

 
At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Patricia,

I have been reading over your blog and I love the work in SCIFAIKU FOR HALLOWEEN/SAMHAIN. I think that they are all so wonderful (some are also quite funny); I would have a hard time choosing a favorite, but if I had to this would be it.

only dust
she sweeps where his soul
briefly danced

I hope you are back safe and sound. Let me know how everything is going.

Oh Yeah, the main reason that I made an entry here is that I wanted to tell you how I love your new picture! You do look rather like the witch in the movie Willow—Grazelda? I can’t remember her name, but you look quite a few years younger than she looked though. I need to put an updated photo on my site. Maybe when I loose a hundred pounds. Maybe sooner than that; the one that is up is 10… maybe 15 years old.

Bye now -- VCW

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi vcw!

So glad you enjoyed your scifaiku visit. I've been writing a bit more of them again. Life feels rather like a fantasy novel with a manic twist right now.

Also delighted you like the new photo. I've been wanting a better one since I put that old one up, actually. I'm a bit thinner now, if also older. BTW, when I saw the movie "Willow" I said to my friend that I wanted to be that witch when I grew up (the name "Grazelda" does ring a bell). Maybe I'm actually getting close! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home