Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, November 18, 2007

POEM BY & IN MEMORY OF Nicholas Quinault



I lean another way.

Toward something softer, earthier, slightly wayward and definitely unmeasured.

I lean towards anything organic; a hip, the breast of a bird.

Anything meandering; a falling lock of hair, an encircling arm, some green vine on the move, any fierce irregular look, anything from the good book of Nature.

Yes, I lean Nature’s way.

Toward something irregular, earthy, slightly wayward and definitely unmeasured.

Here’s to the curve.


* * * *

Cockinos (as he was known) was a New York City poet I had the good fortune to have heard perform – he was a wonderful story teller – and have the occasional great conversation with. He died just about a year ago. As I was weeding out more of my files in preparation for my move to California I ran across this poem of his and wanted to share it.

[I do not have the source for the above earth image. If anyone happens to know it, I'll be happy to post the information below the photo.]

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home