Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, September 23, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 9-23-07



wide open door
the fly suicides in my orange juice



The prompt this week at One Deep Breath is "juicy." This two line haiku was prompted by the juicy end to a last fly of summer. It was a bit frustrating (probably a bit more for the fly :-D) as I did keep trying to shoo it out the dang door! Then when I noticed I was no longer being annoyed by its dive bombing and buzzing, I discovered why.

Be sure to visit One Deep Breath (link above) and check the comments, which have links to the rich variety of responses to this prompt.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,
A smile maker this one is. LOL

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Greggo said...

lol! poor fly. though since i've moved to the south, i don't have much sympathy for the over-inflated bug population here! :-)

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oh, yes, greggo, I'm not overly fond of bugs myself. I will never forget my introduction to what they call a mosquito in the caribbean islands ... more like a dive bomber. And those nasty little "no-seeums" that can eat you alive if you get caught in the rain on the beach there. LOL!

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Jo said...

Well I hope you didn't finish it LOL! A cool twist, as always!

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Suicidal fly!
They can be immensely silly (and annoying).

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

seems like a sad end all round

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Smiling, laughing, snorting! I've seen this happen but I've never seen it written! Nice!!

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you saw it before you got to the end of the glass!

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger paisley said...

very nice... hope you hadn't just squeezed it too!!!!!!

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

This haiku made me smile. Flies can be so annoying!

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

:-) to all those concerned: It was from bottled juice, and I saw it as I reached for the glass -- large black thing floating ... eeewwww

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger the laughing gypsy said...

mmmm, texture! ;-)

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

how funny!

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger get zapped said...

Sometimes they get greedy...

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Patois42 said...

A great fun, this one. I can just see it dive bombing your juice. Here's hoping you discovered it before taking another sip!

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Pearl said...

flies can be hard to influence to live well. I took one out of a store last night. It came out riding on my elbow. It seemed resistant to be smuggled out in my purse, the not quite dozy thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home