Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 9-18-07

CLAIRVOYANT CHARM DUST

eye of newt, bat's tongue
dessicated and powdered
sprinkle liberally


'tis soon to be the season! (Cackle, cackle...) The prompt on One Deep Breath this week is to write a recipe, and use a title if we wish. Since food is an area of my life fraught with difficulty I decided to take a different tack on "recipe..." And since I'm a Pagan, it is thoroughly fitting, as well. :-D

* * * *

'til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I like your take on recipe...!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger get zapped said...

What fun! Good thing I already ate ;p

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Jo said...

Wonderful haiku. I also have food issues (no wheat, no refined stuff, I can only drink white wine.....). Though eating out can be perilous, I actually I prefer the way I eat now, much healthier.

 
At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will happen to me if I make this recipe??

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Oh, I like this!

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Greggo said...

hahaha! love your haiku. i came THIS close to using 'eye of newt' in my bubbling cauldren too. lol. great minds think alike, yes? ;-)

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

jo: Yes, I love how much my health and mood is improving the longer I'm eating healthier. But I still get side-swiped by "bad" cravings, though less and less often, and they are less severe, I have to admit. :-)

Sandy: If you make this recipe, nothing. But, ah, if you sprinkle it on yours or someone else's dinner -- instant ability to see the future. And that is a mixed blessing for sure. LOL!

Greggo: I almost didn't use those two creatures in the first line as they are so well-known. But realized that's exactly why to use them -- they quickly tell the reader this is a witchy recipe. :-D

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

I really like your take on 'haiku recipe.' I can almost see the cooks standing around the cauldron.

 
At 6:24 AM , Blogger paisley said...

i believe you and greggo are conspiring to push us head first in halloween!!!!!

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Clare said...

What a cool recipe haiku! I love this. It conjures up wonderful images and scenes.
:)

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Patois42 said...

I hope you don't mind if others enjoy Halloween with you. Great ku. Love "dessicated."

 
At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A recipe I would not dare use, as I wish to control my future as I go, but a wonderful recipe haiku, Patricia.

 
At 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know too what happens with this potion? And what do you mean by 'sprinkle liberally'? Hee!

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger mitzh said...

This so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home