Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, June 14, 2007

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, ONE DEEP BREATH!



overcast the grass more brilliant


As the title says this is One Deep Breath's first anniversary. I posted the above one-line haiku of mine to say that my own writing life (and I am sure that of many others) has been made brighter by their weekly prompts (and those who respond to it). Many thanks!

[The above photo is one I took many years ago of a 150 year old weeping beech tree, here in Queens, New York. "All weeping beech trees in the USA are descended from this one. Though it died and was cut down in 1998, its daughters are still found fronting its remains." (quote from online article by Bridge and Tunnel Club)]

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:36 PM , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I also appreciate their prompts. I avoided short poems for the most part until I found their site.

I love your one simple line and the photo. Lot of meaning in your words.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, Marcia, for your comment.

I have found haiku a great (and wonderful) challenge. Yet haiku "hooked" me so deeply that only recently have I started writing "regular," longer poems again...after a few years of haiku attempts only.

The one line I share in this post I've never been quite sure of. (Maybe too spare?) But figured it fit my intent of gratitude for how ODB's prompts brighten my writing world.

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

A one line haiku can never be too spare! This one's excellent!

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Gracias for your comment, crafty green poet. Sometimes I edit a poem (not haiku) way down and find there's no poem there, after all! So I worry with these really minimalist haiku I sometimes write. :-)

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger longspider said...

Love your one-liner! And yes, I just recently discovered the ODB site, and am very grateful... it helped me find a whole new way of expressing and sharing experience.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Welcome to ODB, hanulf. I wasn't around for a little while, but it's so good to be participating again. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home