Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 26, 2007

ONE-LINE HAIGA: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 3/26/07





This week's prompt is to try our hands at writing one-line haiku. (The illustration is also mine.)

You can visit One Deep Breath to read the full prompt and find links to others' varied and intriguing responses.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this image and poem very much

oino

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Regina said...

This was very interesting- it makes me wonder where the smoke is coming from? I want to know more... that's good!

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

sounds like any urban evening, with the skies obscured.... Good one liner.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks so much, Oino. There's something a Tarot author says: "KISS!" Which stands for "Keep it simple, silly!" Less really is more ... OK, OK, I'll stop now. :-)

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, Regina Clare Jane, you asked the million dollar question. Sadly, it's the memory of the first night here in NYC after 9/11. The clouds of debris were still hanging in the sky like smoke ... I can normally see the Manhattan skyline from where I live in Queens ... I clung to the sight of that star ...

 
At 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a sad memory. You have written a short but powerful haiku.

 
At 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good city poem! I love the idea of the star over the city.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I really liked this, even before I read what prompted it.

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I liked it before but knowing what the backstory was really added to it's power.

 
At 3:56 AM , Blogger jem said...

Very strong - both in words and image.

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger đpoetic1© said...

Beautiful!

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger đpoetic1© said...

I like that... remind me of home in Texas...after a southern cookout and sitting under the lone star.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home