Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 19, 2007

DREAM HAIGA: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 3/19/07

[breath stopping//the Pegasus lands//before me]


This week's prompt at One Deep breath is to think about breath/breathing, or simply to do it and see what happens. :-)

The above haiku is based on a very old dream. The drawing -- done with paint and pens, I believe -- is by a dear friend, Janet, who is now deceased. Just as this dream sight (metaphorically) stopped my breath so, too, did the news of her sudden, way too young, and totally unexpected passing. She gave me this Pegasus drawing (and one other) at a time in my life when I had a website for dreams, poetry and Tarot that I called "Pegasus Dreaming." I thought of the dream on which the haiku is based as I'd just been preparing to do a post in her memory, including the other drawing. I have had the other drawing up in my home since she gave it to me. It serves as a reminder of her generous spirit. Now that it's scanned, it will be going right back up.

You can visit One Deep Breath for links to others' varied and creative responses to this prompt.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the haiku and your tribute.

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger Jone said...

Oh to see a Pegasus. This is lovely.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Bianca said...

I enjoyed your haiku.

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Regina said...

She sounds like a true friend...
the picture and haiku are just beautiful... thank you for sharing her gift to you with us...

 
At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always nice to have a reminder of friends who have passed on.

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Beautiful tribute and fitting haiga.

 
At 1:59 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Beuatiful tribute and a pegasus would certainly make you hold your breath...

 
At 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very special tribute.

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Julie said...

This is a very touching haiku for your dear friend. Thanks for sharing it with us.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger wrchili said...

lovely drawing and haiku! I like the double meaning of the poem. Good job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home