Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, February 16, 2020

CAN'T HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER (photomorph) & STREET SCENE AT MIDNIGHT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


STREET SCENE AT MIDNIGHT

the shadow woman’s so dark and featureless,
how can I tell she’s a woman, yet I can, and
even at this distance I see that she’s solid,
flesh-like, not your usual, smokey phantom;
maybe it’s that Devil-in-the-form-of-a-Queen
standing behind her that outlines her deep
darkness quite clearly, like a very bright sun;

and how do I know these two odd figures are
married? this Devil-Queen in her royal, old
timey finery, leaning possessively against
the back of this solidified phantom woman,
yet I do know they handfasted long ago;

and, somehow, I also sense I should be
more than able to comprehend what all this
says to me, but there they stand in a fuzzy
circle of pale lamp light, like a frozen
semaphore symbol awaiting translation
before morphing into the next part
of the message


[free verse poem on a dream of 2-14-20. Another dream that’s jam packed. But that’s not to say I feel I’ve gotten a good grip on it, I haven’t. The most central idea here may be that of Jung’s concept of the shadow. However, many other sorts of associations and ruminations rise each time I read this dream/poem. Photomorph “Can’t Have One Without the Other” (12-6-09 8515 v2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home