Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, February 06, 2020

GARDEN FROSTING (photo) & SWEET CAKES (dream) by Roswila


SWEET CAKES

they’ve made these delightful little sweet cakes
for certain people; I’m quite surprised and happy
when one of the women involved in the baking venture
hands me the neatly stacked supply, each with its own
tiny printed pink invitation on top of it; she doesn’t
say it but I realize I’m to lift one carefully out of
the stack for myself, leaving the remaining ones
neatly organized so I can readily distribute the rest
appropriately and the recipients can see how nicely
they were presented by the bakers; I’m still very
touched and even more surprised that not only did
they make one specifically for me, but left the
ultimate care and distribution of all the rest
in my hands


[dream of 1-28-20. ACK! I just keyboarded and deleted some lengthy comments/associations to this little dream. Blech! I’m sure the sweet cakes in this dream would taste a lot better than all that ruminating did when I read it over. Suffice it to say it’s a jam-packed dream, both positive and negative, both forward looking and stuck in the past, etc., etc. Photo “Garden Frosting” (7-9-09 3580e[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home