Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, February 08, 2020

SUCKLED BY THE ELEMENTS (photomorph) & THE CHORUS (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE CHORUS

there’s a huge chorus out there in the swaying
surf, singing away as they paddle and float;
a very young, dark-haired man of color, waves
and jumps to get my full attention, his semaphore
inviting me in, off the dry flat beach; around him
in a loose, gently rocking semi-circle, other
chorusers leap like dolphins and as they make
their arc down back into the water, sing out as
if verbalizing his silent call: dive right in!
the water’s fine! nuh-uh, I think, I’ll sing
quietly along with you all from here on the
steady sunset beach, its darkening under my
bare feet like one edge of an old parchment
scroll hung up in the town square
and left to the elements
a long time ago


[free verse poem on a dream of 2-6-20. Not sure if there’s any meaningful connection, but February 6 was the day I moved here to CA, 12 years ago. I also had an intense ocean dream last night. And today is the anniversary of my mother’s death when I was ten. (Sigh, among much else that happened in that dream [poem to follow here tomorrow], I was yearning for a hug from Wonder Woman that I knew I’d not get.) BTW, one association I have to that floating chorus in the above is to the tradition of a “paddle out” for someone who’s passed on. Photomorph “Suckled by the Elements” (6-5-09 1837v2a[4]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home