Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

TIME WAS (photo) & AS TIME GOES BY (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


AS TIME GOES BY

his new T.V. show
is a “wow” and he’s even more so
I try to draw my
friend’s attention to my amazement:
all these years and he’s still handsome

but she’s not having anything of it,
not even glancing at my cartoon selfie:

my tongue hanging out
my eyes boggled

no way to share this sweet moment in time:
a mix of memory and ongoing attraction


[a tanka and three two liners on a dream of 2-4-20. I reference both the British T.V. show and the song from “Casablanca” in the title to this. The T.V. actor was a very young version of Chuck Connors (of “The Rifleman” fame). Whom I had a tremendous crush on because he looked so much like a young man whom I’d been mad about in those years. Photo “Time Was” (11-19-14 004v2) by Roswila. And truly this is a pic of a “was” – this memorial garden on our retirement community grounds has not bloomed this beautifully … sigh … since the year I took this photo: 2014. True, there have been years of drought since then, but also neglect. Or to be kinder, no one living here knowledgeable enough and also physically able to take care of roses. I hasten to add, the garden has been looking better the past couple of years with the easing of the drought. And right now, the bushes are sporting total buzz cuts, so maybe the subsequent blooms will be more enthusiastic.
:-) I'm waiting now for the inevitable profusion of brand new, shiny red leaves; for some reason I find them almost as visually pleasing as the eventual roses.]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home