Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A WALK TO THE EDGE (photo) & A VISIT FROM WONDER WOMAN (dream) by Roswila


A VISIT FROM WONDER WOMAN

my new bra’s not all that comfortable, especially
on my left breast; even as I complain about this
to my woman friend I decide to simply ignore
the mild annoyance for now and give my full
attention to this busy night by the sea: no moon
and very few stars grace the midnight sky but I
can see very well, as does everyone else; I watch
with muffled envy as a young woman rushes to
the ocean’s edge to greet and hug Wonder Woman
as she makes footfall, the super heroine’s brilliant
red outfit shining like a beacon as she emerges
from the surf’s edge; everyone quickly gets into
the water, adults and kids alike, solitaries like me
and entire families, but I’ve still not found where I
want to enter the water, no possible entry point
feels safe; then it’s clear I’ve waited too long,
the sea’s edge is getting rough and the wind’s
coming up heavy; I keep trying to locate a good
place to get into the water even as everyone else
is leaving and tumbling surely back on to shore;
then my woman friend mentions my new bra,
implying I’ve probably managed to get out of
it by now; I look around as I change my focus to
the bra, letting go of the idea of getting into the
swim; "No," I respond, "my new bra told me that
it’s home now," and truly it is, as the discomfort’s
gone: the only thing bothering me now is an itchy
envy that I’d not even gotten to meet
Wonder Woman, much less hug her


[dream of 2-7-20. This is the one I mentioned that I had the night before the dream I posted here yesterday. Clearly the two dreams are deeply related. (BTW, I associate that left breast discomfort in this one to how Amazons in ancient mythology, were said to have one breast removed to facilitate drawing a bow. Though being right-handed, I would pull a bow string back with my right arm … ah well, dreams are not always literal.
😊 And all waking associations to aspects of them are not important or even accurate.) This is another jam-packed dream so I’ll leave it at what it may suggest, just as it is written. Photo “A Walk to the Edge” (Archival Old Pix 10, 4786e[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home