Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 12, 2020

AGITATED REFLECTION (photomorph) & "MIRROR, MIRROR..." (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


“MIRROR, MIRROR …

on the wall” … well, not on it quite yet, I’m still
trying to figure out the safest way to hang it, if I
don’t want it to fall off into a pile of angry,
magical shards; it’s always a risk to rely on
magic, shining in the electric air, to turn out
the way it was intended; and, hey, why do I
keep visualizing how to fix this smallish mirror
in its inelegant but serviceable frame to this
particular wall which is already nothing but solid
mirror? yeah, as if when this box I call a room
was first built, this one wall was constructed of
a thick, old, fun house mirror that melts and
twists the images it offers: ah, here’s a sort of
“pre-quest” -- little mirror, yet to be safely fixed
to this mirror of a wall, forget any comparisons
to who’s fairest in this cramped queendom …
this is, after all, not a fairy tale, but my life …
and once I ask you the question I’ve not yet teased
out of a passel of possibles and unknowns, please
reflect what presents directly to you as your
response; I can compensate for the inevitable
reversal of images -- left for right is not such a big
deal to cope with -- if you’ll give me an honest,
simple answer to the question I’ve not yet been
able to select, needing the clarity of reflection to
guide me; sigh, a conundrum: if I don’t ever take
the chance and hang you, risk your ultimate fall
into nothing but cutting shards, reflecting what-
ever the huge mirror-wall goes on warping, I’ll
never discover what it is I so desperately want
to ask you, much less, actually ask it


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-12-20. Two heavy influences on this dream: that book of re-worked fairy tales I’m reading (applicable here, Snow White), and the new movie “John Wick 3: Parabellum.” I hasten to note that I would not have chosen to watch that movie last night, knowing what a violent series it is. But my company (and good friend) likes the series and so I decided to go with it. Well, I won’t put up a review here (these three letters will suffice: ACK!), but there were intense scenes of people being tossed into glass mirror-like boxes, shattering them (the boxes, and the people!). At one point I said to him (my company) that it was like an old carnival hall of mirrors gone totally berserk. Photomorph “Agitated Reflection” (Screenshots 6, 10-21-19[87]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home