Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

YOU WANT WHAT?! (photo) & "she expects me ..." (dream haiku) by Roswila


she expects me
to edit dirty water
I let it drain


[re-post of dream haiku of May 2007. Another from those old dream haiku I’ve been going through on and off for a while now (see recent previous posts for more info). This feels like a particularly apt one to re-post today, the first day of a new year. I’ve been struggling for some time now to make not only better but more realistic choices. In some ways what I too often find myself doing is exactly what is expected of me in this old dream. Well, this old dream haiku can act as an additional New Year’s resolution: I’m gonna do my dangdest to recognize when an expectation is absurd. And that goes for any I may have of other people, as well. Of course, that also requires recognizing when an expectation is holding some sort of sway in a situation. Too often (at least for me) I’m on autopilot and don’t even see clearly that there’s an unstated “demand and supply” interaction taking place. I remember really liking that I chose to let that stupid dirty water drain in the dream. I have gotten a wee bit better since at recognizing “dirty water” (both my own and other people’s) and hope I’ll get better yet. Irony? Some folk don’t even seem to care whether you meet their expectations. The just want to keep you all tied up trying to. OK. So, it’s up to me to take care of myself in those situations. What they do is what they do and I can’t change that. I can only let the dang dirty water go down the drain.
😊 I just remembered that silly old (from 1947!) jingle for “Ajax, the foaming cleanser,” in which you just “float the dirt right down the drain…” Photo “You Want What?!” (Archival Old Pix-10, 002) taken of Roswila by a friend and edited by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home