Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, January 10, 2020

DIGGING UP THE EGG (photomorph) & STONE EGGS (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


STONE EGGS

no, I mutter over and over to myself, I don’t
want her visiting me, not even in my dreams;
I’ve wrestled for days since she last invaded
with her double-barreled insincerity, whether I
should write about it – I do hate to let go of any
dream that manages to hang around despite
everything else (conscious and unconscious)
trying to shove it out of the way (I know
all too well what it’s like to be ignored) but
I also don’t want to encourage any more night
visits from her by reporting on them in my
rag-tag way, how this or that happened and
that it may very well mean this or that or some
other thing to me or to her or to who knows
else (and, really, who cares, anyway?) …
damn! this dream begins to feel too much like
a prophecy I will regret having to fulfill (who
needs or wants another probably only self-
fulfilling prophecy in one’s life?) oy, wait a
minute, I just recalled that someone else
also barged in from whom I want to stop
visits – right up in my dreaming face, no
less -- just last night: he was all smiles,
insisting that things between us are not only
fine and dandy, but brilliant and under control;
well, I won’t belabor that further, giving this
flash of a dream – or the one of her -- any more
credence, or poke either of them any more
awake than it already is, by fussing at it; sigh …
I’ve never found a way to adequately explain this:
no matter who may parade through my dreams
(or my waking ruminations) while I wrestle with
re-learning simpler things -- like how to stand
on my own two feet -- even then I can see
THE. EMPEROR’S. NOT. WEARING.
ANY. CLOTHES!
NO. CLOTHES.
AT. ALL …
hell.
what makes me think we aren’t all totally
exposed to those with the eyes to see
the possibility of prophecies embedded
within their vision, like raw gems
in their imaginary stone eggs

[free verse poem connecting two dreams, the first dreamed on 1/5/20, the other on 1/7/20. This is one of those poems I’ve seriously considered scrapping. It’s way too wordy and crammed with various ideas and hints thereof, but I can’t seem to get it edited down. Ah well, as I say in the poem “who cares anyway…” However, I can answer that by saying that almost certainly only I do. Yeah, and I also care enough not to put writing out there that I find so questionable. And yet, and yet … the poem no more wants to be ignored than I ever have (if I may add anthropomorphism to my list of writing sins with respect to this poem). So here this deeply problematic dream poem is, numerous warts and all. Photomorph “Digging Up the Egg” (Screenshots 6, 10-2-19v2[55]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home