Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 05, 2020

PONDERING THE NEXT MOVE (photo) & "her dancing gestures ..." (dream haiku) by Roswila


her dancing gestures
unrelated to her words:
new poetry form


[dream haiku dreamed/written 1-6-07. From those old dream haiku notebooks of mine that I’ve been going through recently (see recent posts for others). I’d chosen this one before I noted when it was written: exactly 13 years ago. Not surprising I’d had a dream creating something new. This time of year (just post my birthday, Jan. 4, and beginning to feel some nano-effects from the wee bit of extra sunlight each day) often finds me bored and wanting to do something new. To break out of old habits (New Year’s Resolution anyone?), create in a new way or form, think and feel very differently… Right now, I’d settle for a new attitude towards getting so much older. To be able to more graciously embrace it. After all, talk about inevitable! BTW, there’s another way I’ve viewed this dream haiku over the years when I’ve come across it. It can also be pointing out an inconsistency, a conflict, an incompatibility, that the dreamer’s trying to turn into art.
😊 Actually, that’s what I’m trying to do all the time with what my life hands me: make art. OK, and another (somewhat wry) laugh. That old expression: when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, can be read to apply in this context. I hasten to add, that ever since first doing public readings of my poetry 45 or so years ago, I have often tried to incorporate movement and music (e.g., my hand movements, and/or playing one or more of my collection of musical instruments) into the reading. Photo “Pondering the Next Move” (11-02-17 009v2) by Roswila, 2017 selfie in my “Spider Old Woman” Halloween costume]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home