Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 24, 2019

MAKE OF IT WHAT YOU WILL (photomorph) & DOLLOPS (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


DOLLOPS

a woman I’ve known since adolescence
and another I’d like to get to know, walk
up to me, stopping barely long enough
for me to say how much I respect the way
they manage their lives, by giving The Devil
his due as needed; I then add that I wish I
had that sort of ability to suspend what I
am and/or believe, so that I could have
a life more in keeping with that everyone
else seems to have; I can tell I’m losing
either their interest or their understanding,
or more likely, both, so quickly add
“However, please, continue to take note
of those little bits of odd knowledge that
tickle at your awareness, those dollops
of intuition that rise from beneath all
the ‘sturm und drang’ and don’t seem
apropos of anything, do not dismiss or
waste them: like the little stone that
took Goliath down, they each hold
a surprising power”


[free verse poem on a dream of 10-20-19. In one respect, I see the woman I know as the past and the one I don’t, as the future. I’ve been more than usually taken up with endlessly picking at my past and worrying about the future. So, at least in part, this dream could be heard to say it’s important -- even crucial -- not to forget about my intuitions during all this. BTW, quotes like the one ending this dream poem I rarely actually “hear” in the dream. They are gleaned from the dream’s action and images, and my dreaming I’s feelings/thoughts about it all. Of course, that assertion could just be the story my “left-brain interpreter” made up instantaneously as I woke and recalled the dream. I.e., meaning/quotes, etc. were not an actual occurrence in the dream, but came with waking. I think I’ve written about our brain’s left-brain interpreter before here. And how I wonder if it is not responsible for most, if not all, of the story lines/meanings of our dreams as it struggles to make sense of the memories of our brain’s sleeping activity. To my understanding that activity is mostly record keeping: connecting and “filing” various memories. BTW, this does not take anything away from the meanings we find in our dreams. It may just be that we didn’t dream those meanings. But that our conscious minds projected the import onto the screen of the dream as we woke and recalled it. Via the left-brain interpreter. Yikes! This is a difficult concept to get into words. Kinda like getting wrestling a dream onto the page.
😊 Photomorph “Make of It What You Will” (ss-6 10-21-19[49a]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home