Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, October 12, 2019

THE MOON (from The Taiga Tarot) & "the old woman ... " (old dreamku) by Roswila



the old woman
makes me “Sit over there!”
time out


[dream haiku, dreamed/written 8-11-06. Another from my review of ancient dream haiku of mine. My immediate reaction to re-discovering this one today was “Yeah, I really should be made to take a ‘time out’ like a fractious child!” I can blame most of my tantrum-like mood on the (Hunter’s) Full Moon that’s due in the day after tomorrow. As I’ve said here many, many times before, the three days to one week before a full moon make me a bit crazy (fangs, fur, and all). And I calm down gradually once the moon is actually full. (Or calm down as much as I ever get.) So, maybe this dream was right around a full moon … I just googled and, yep, it was almost 92% full on 8-11-06.

Image: Moon Card in my (looooong) in-progress Tarot deck, The Taiga Tarot (ttt2 folder XVIIIv.5b[4]) by Roswila. The text is a non-traditional tanka (small five-line poem). I thought myself rather clever to have that fifth line (on the right) reflect the words at the ends of the other four lines. Especially given that the moon shines by reflected light. But I don’t recall anyone back then when I designed and posted this card design getting it, or maybe no one liked it enough to comment. If you’re curious to see the designs with tankas for the Tarot that I’ve made so far, google for “The Taiga Tarot” blog.]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home