Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, October 18, 2019

AT THE EDGE (photo) & "river overlook ..." (old dreamku) by Roswila


river overlook
the sad boy asks
about the Ban Sidhe*


[dreamku, dreamed and written October 2006. *"Ban Sidhe: in Irish folklore, a spirit in the form of a wailing woman who appears to or is heard by members of a family as a sign that one of them is about to die." This dream haiku is from the on-going review of my really old dreamku. It was dreamed when I was living in New York City, almost 1-1/2 years before I moved here to California. The visual dream memory it calls up is eerily like sitting at the beach overlook here in Isla Vista, CA, and the echo of the boy’s sadness, much like that which I would often be feeling while there. Now, all I have is mournful memories of the overlook as I can no longer handle the long walk there (even with my walker). Where is a Ban Sidhe when one needs her? Omigosh, I just remembered the wailing of the winds last night and how they were oddly a wee bit comforting. Of course, those winds are probably why I just now unconsciously chose this dreamku to post. BTW, this boy is a figure who’s shown up in my dreams, on and off, for many years. (Maybe six years old -- give or take -- and dark-haired. And often unusually smart and/or beset in some way.) He hasn’t been around in quite some time. But, then again, maybe he has as my dream recall hasn’t been all that good. Something else to mourn the loss of. Photo “At the Edge” (ss-3 10-16-19[14]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home