Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

WHICH WAY HOME (photomorph) & THE SPECIAL EVENT (a dream) by Roswila


THE SPECIAL EVENT

Katey is happy as a clam and keeps relating to me as if
I know why, as if she’s been talking to me all about it
for some time, however, she hasn’t; but as usual I go
along, in order to keep our encounters brief because
I don’t like her much, and now also because I’m too
busy trying to find out not only where the bus will
stop that’s going to the special holistic center event
I am looking forward to attending, but when the event
is scheduled; I’m under the impression it’s early this
evening which means it will be soon; I wander a large
poorly lit, dark wood-paneled room trying to find
someone to ask; I finally spy one of my half-sisters,
hidden in a shadowy corner; she steps forward in
response to my hail and tells me she doesn’t know
about the bus or the time of the event but that our
mother does, and though she’s not in her room this
information will be on a calendar or notice up on her
wall; my half-sister goes into our mother’s room
and comes out saying the event is tomorrow night
at 6:00, as opposed to tonight at 5:00 as I’d thought;
I’m relieved to have time to figure this all out when
along comes Katey whom I now take the time to ask
about her intense happiness: she says it’s because of
a man she just met who’s going to the special event,
who’s visiting from Germany; I’m still not interested
as she and I have never been all that close (truthfully,
I don’t trust her as far as I can throw her), however, as
usual, I keep the peace by faking it with her; and this
allows me to split my attention and read the posters
for the films we were told we should see before going
to the special event: one describing the event, and one
an artistic animated short about a dragon that I’ve
wanted to see as I’ve always loved these mythical
creatures; I gently interject into my talk with Katey
that I should get going since I don’t want to miss
these two short movies; she comments that they’re
being shown constantly and starts to look extremely
sad, getting more and more agitated as she blurts out
as we enter an elevator: “Pauline told me my Seventh
Wave is not as open as I think” (clearly Pauline insulted
and upset her with this comment); I have no idea what
a “Seventh Wave” is and ask her; she responds,
whispering as if ashamed, “the sexual chakra;” well,
the number seven doesn’t fit with that chakra as far as
I recall but I really don’t want to get into anything at all
with her, even this exchange is far more than I want
to be dealing with, so I say gently, as if I care, “Oh,
I didn’t realize …” and leave it at that, as I carefully
turn my walker, getting ready to leave the elevator
and go to let a dragon work its mythic
magic in my tired old brain


[dream of 4-4-19. Before I go on at length, let me say I considered not posting this. But this blog has often served more as a dream journal, than one on which to share my creative writing. This piece is a dream record, that is, not in a particular writing form. (That’s not to say I haven’t worked on it a lot to tighten up the writing, etc.) And I think it’s a lot to ask a reader to absorb. (E.g., one of the things I worked at was trying to make the later re-entry of Katey make sense.) All that said, what really has my attention now and on-going thought, is that this dream places me between the devil and the deep blue sea in a way. I go from people I don’t like (all three women referenced here are actual ones from my life, though the two names have been changed) and that special event was to be at a holistic center very much like one I always thought I’d enjoy taking days-long courses at (decades back), but would wind up feeling disliked by one and all, every time. From disliking to being disliked. What a journey. I do hear a suggestion within that dragon image at the end of the dream. That my world, if you will, is and always has been one more of the imagination and the mythic, than of relationships. And I’d say that’s true. Guess I needed to be reminded of this. BTW, there’s a slew of other issues to think about in this dream that I’ve not gotten to yet. Maybe I’ll use the Tarot to help me explore it all. Haven’t done that in way too long. Also, I’ve never seen the famous fantasy T.V. show “Game of Thrones” with its flying dragons, but have always wanted to. Synchronistically, four episodes were on HBO last night, and I watched happily, hoping dragons would surface despite the references to them as no longer existing. I got my wish at the very end of that fourth episode! Baby dragons curling around Daenerys, a young woman "of dragon's blood," with long white hair. Photomorph “Which Way Home” (5-18-15 026v3a[4]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home