Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, April 03, 2019

THE WAY OUT (photo) & IT'S ALL A DANCE IN WHICH I BRING UP THE REAR (two dreams) by Roswila


IT’S ALL A DANCE
IN WHICH I BRING UP THE REAR

dream one:

my younger woman friend and I look for the ballet
class we’ve arrived on time to take; the dark wood
hallway is long and narrow with doorways to rehearsal
room after rehearsal room lining it down one side;
the younger man who’d said he’d be our teacher
hurries up to us as we open the door to a third room
trying try to find our class; his impatience is obvious
(though he clearly thinks he’s hiding it)
as he tells us to wait, that he will get to us;
then I can’t find my woman friend and go back
to opening doors, this time to locate her,
and, lo and behold, she’s already
in a class being taught by the young man
who’d told us to wait for him; my immediate
reaction is to feel rejected, but then I wonder
if I’d just misunderstood what was going on
(it wouldn’t be the first time…)


dream two:

two younger men and I are good friends,
attending a community meeting together;
elections for president of this organization
are coming up and rather than go through
a lengthy (and in past election times,
fruitless) process, the “powers that be”
call for someone to volunteer: though,
in reality, it’s common knowledge
that the last person standing is the one
who’ll get “volunteered;” my two friends
and I suddenly realize we’re the only three
left in the meeting room, as everyone else
has scattered like a big wind, instantly
(the presidency is well-known to be an odious job);
my two men friends leap out the wide door way
in twin grand jetés,* with their front legs arched
(I think of Lipizzaner stallions in mid-leap**);
I don’t let myself take the time to wallow
in feeling inferior and incapable
(which would be my usual reaction),
and even before they land gracefully,
I follow their lead; voila! I, too, make it
out through the doorway, “un-volunteered”
and in a fair grand jeté of my own,
that nicely echoes the shapes of their leaps
into the dark hallway


[two dreams from 4-1-19. * grand jeté = a ballet jump in which a dancer springs from one foot to land on the other with one leg forward of their body and the other stretched backward while in the air. ** A Lipizzaner stallion leaping:



Link to Information on Lipizzaners. The thought of these horses did actually enter the dream; I have always loved horses. And something else I love: as a child I not only very much wanted to become a ballerina, but took ballet classes from the time I was about 8 years old until I was almost 13. I only quit because the students in the new, “upper crust” school my parents switched me to, totally intimidated me. BTW, I can’t say whether my blog break is over or not. Maybe I’m just developing a different pattern of posting? Photo “The Way Out” (Old Pix-10 2824e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home