Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, March 16, 2019

THE WORLD THREATENS TO SPIN APART (photomorph) & HARD TIMES (night dream) by Roswila


HARD TIMES

the lovely, much younger blonde professional
woman gives me a book she’s read and thinks
I’ll enjoy and benefit from; something is odd
in her manner, as if she’s not fully disclosing
her motives; I’m not upset about this but I am
curious, so as she walks away, I begin fanning
through the book for clues and discover notes
in the back margins in what I presume is her
handwriting; one of which says “p.p.t. = use
female salutation;” somehow I know one of
those p’s refers to me, “Patricia;” based on a
gut feeling combined with other penciled
notes about different folk, I realize she’s a
psychotherapist and had sensed my barely
felt, much less expressed need for her to
make herself available to me; oddly enough,
I don’t find any of this disturbing as I would
usually when anyone makes any sort of
assumption about me; to the contrary, I
welcome her interest, and especially the
tact of it: I know all too well I could use
a wise woman* to talk to right now


[on a dream of 3-13-19. *wise woman (from internet) = “The term "wise woman" usually refers to a folk healer or midwife, often in the context of pre-modern European peasantry. A wise woman can be a type of witch…” Some modern-day witches use the terms interchangeably. A bit of research I did on “p.p.t.” may have some relevance to this dream: “PPT is a file extension for a presentation file format used by Microsoft PowerPoint, the popular presentation software commonly used for office and educational slide shows.” Hm, it just hits me that the other dream I recall from this night is about (among other things) going to school. Guess my dreams are urging me – at least in part -- to get on the stick and “back to school,” ey? Photomorph “The World Threatens to Spin Apart” (5-2-16 003v2g[2]) by Roswila]


PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home