Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, April 05, 2019

NO REST FOR THE WEARY (photomorph) & SEEKING A HOME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


SEEKING A HOME

my brother, a young adult, healthy,
and confident as I don’t ever recall him
actually being, his long dark blond braid
falling down the front of his denim jacket,
looks away from me as if towards some future
I can’t see, saying as he takes one step backwards:
“I’m way too isolated now;” and, somehow, I understand,
though we’ve never talked about this before nor would
I have ever thought it of him; then he adds “I’m going
to buy myself a house of my own,” and this is even
stranger, the implication being he’ll live in it alone
and be very happy to! and yet, and yet, I almost
envy him that aloneness, contained as need be
and always sheltered, free to move around,
no roommates getting in his way or making
messes or demanding attention at the most
inopportune of times: a space complete
unto itself, uninvaded, untrammeled,
but open to visitors at chosen times,
and always to the sunlight that, off
and on, splits the shadows open


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-23-19. My younger brother died in December of 2013. He’s been showing up in my dreams a lot recently, and in my thoughts. He usually wore his hair somewhat long. But it was pure white before he died, as it had been for many years -- as mine has been, and it’s also been quite long. And he was always a highly anxious person -- that I’ve finally accepted in recent years, I have always been, too. Yes, this dream is at least as much about myself as it is about him. Photomorph “No Rest for the Weary” (Screenshots 2-15-19[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home