Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 08, 2019

EXTRUSION (photomorph) & "this must be stomached..." (non-dream senryu) by Roswila


this must be stomached
no making projectiles from it
incorporate it!


[might qualify as a senryu (kissing cousin of haiku) written 4-3-19. Another exceedingly meh piece. Probably not worth posting at all except I kinda, sorta like the implied image of projectile vomiting. Yeah, strange thing to like. BTW, this senryu came from thinking about the morning nausea I’ve been having (no, no miracle births comin’ down the pike here, for sure!). I’ve actually never much liked breakfast due to a vaguely unsettled stomach. It’s just that recently it’s intensified. I’ve also had anxiety nausea since childhood (my grandmother would say, “Breathe, Patty, breathe,” and, if she could, hand me a glass of water). For some reason, though, the other day I began to wonder just what it was I’ve never been able to stomach. Fear/anxiety certainly, but also anger’s a good guess. And that’s where the projectiles came to mind. Photomorph “Extrusion” (6-17-13 009v5[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home