Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 13, 2019

SPINNING OUT (photomorph) & IT'S IN THE CARDS (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila]


IT’S IN THE CARDS

“The Lady of Two Suits”
-- the woman I once was --
walks off with the young guy who
will be her last boyfriend, forsaking
me in a car’s passenger seat

the person driving?
an unknown, younger black man
who’s overly chatty
and rather nosy, his resemblance to
someone I don’t like … unnerving

and he knows too much
about my planned activities:
classes I’m taking
and even the one I’m to teach tonight
… if we survive his distracted driving

the night gets darker as he almost squashes us
between a low wall and a big rig’s huge wheel

phew! the “wheel of fortune” rumbles on,
leaving me in a nauseating spin of my own


[three tanka and 2 two-liners on a dream of 4-11-19. This dream is bookended by implied Tarot card references. The one in the first line would be a huge stretch if I weren’t such a Tarotphile
😊. BTW, I associate the “two suits” to cups/water and wands/fire. (It’s a long story, too much to go into here, having to do with Jung’s personality typology.) However, I don’t think the Tarot suits need to be identified to be meaningful. I have always been “of two minds” about most of the important things in life. And these “two suits” can also be read most basically as conscious and unconscious. The image in the ending two lines is more readily graspable as there is a Major Arcana in the Tarot called “The Wheel of Fortune” that is most often illustrated with some sort of wheel. Photomorph “Spinning Out’ (screenshots 2-9-10[6]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home