Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

DIGGERS (photo) & A TWO-FER (two dreams) by Roswila



A TWO-FER

Buried Alive

“They’re burying that old woman up to her neck
in the sand,” I yell in a panic to everyone around;
as I do, I note the leader’s a dark-skinned woman
in a long flowing white robe-dress, and realize
that she and her cohorts are proselytizers; they
are leaving only the woman’s head above the
sand they’re packing loosely over her, the
woman beneath the dry yellow mound
curled in a fetal position; I yell again
about this burial to no one’s interest,
much less actual response; not even
the buriers themselves acknowledge
my alarm, but they do start walking
away from the beach area with the
woman they’d been burying,
the dark-skinned woman
giving me one decidedly
sly backward glance


The Sweet Man

he looks so different!
almost an entirely new man,
and all he did was get a really
short haircut; I also notice a small
piece of chocolate pushing its way out
of his belly button and tumbling away;
I approach him telling him how handsome
he is with his new haircut and point to the little
piece of chocolate in his lap, noting where it
had come from; he appears both embarrassed
and pleased as he tilts his gaze toward his
navel: another little piece of chocolate’s
begun to extrude; he’s very surprised,
and I’m glad he can see that I’m
not blowing smoke up his butt


[two dreams from the evening of 3-11-19. I’d gone to sleep insisting (in the way of affirmations, i.e., again and again) that I would remember my dreams clearly. And boy, how-dee, did I. Which is encouraging. My dream recall has been sketchy for quite a while now. I’d done research some time ago as to what happens to it in old age, and a decline is not uncommon. But that just set me the challenge not to give up on -- if not improving dream recall -- at least slowing, even stopping the decline. BTW, there are a few other dreams in addition to these two, one I may post tomorrow. Photo “Diggers” (10-18-17 018v2[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home