Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, March 14, 2019

WHAT A MESS! (photomorph) & GETTING THE BUGS OUT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


GETTING THE BUGS OUT

we all dine eagerly from the floating casserole

I walk up to the air stream it’s flowing from
for more and … oops! are those little
dark things bugs in the mix?

yikes!
I think they are … and were they
in there when we all dipped
from the trough?!!

uh, maybe they’re just bits of spice?

nah, no such luck, they’re bugs

… damn, Dad did this to us once,
served us buggy spaghetti and when
I found out and called him on it,
he laughed … well, I said, maybe
you won’t laugh so hard
when I throw up on you!


[dream of 3-12-19 in response to request before going to sleep “What do I most need to do tomorrow?” My list of to-dos was rather extensive.
😊 So, I think this little dream’s answer is that it’s most important I be very careful what I swallow. Both literally and metaphorically speaking. BTW, the Dad memory is an actual one that I recalled in the dream. Even those several decades back I knew (and tried to deny that) this incident was a nauseating but accurate metaphor for my experience of life in my family. Given that, the dream may be emphasizing that I’m being expected to swallow (i.e., believe) a lot of buggy stuff these days. As I typed that I thought that I may be the one promulgating some very questionable beliefs about myself/my life right now and taking them as true. I learned all too well how to do that from a very early age (as we all do to a certain extent). I should also note that I was vaguely nauseous all day after this dream and not hungry. The nausea is not all that unusual, but the lack of hunger is. As if I wanted to very carefully control/limit what I would eat/swallow. This dream may also have been prodromal (communicating about a physical issue); i.e., I may have had some sort of digestive upset going on of which I was not aware. Another BTW: I again affirmed before going to sleep (on 3-13-19) that I would remember my dreams and I did. I have two clear dream poems in draft form already. Photomorph “What A Mess!” (8-17-18 008v14[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home