Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, March 15, 2019

TEEMING (photomorph) & FINDING MY BOY (night dream) by Roswila


FINDING MY BOY

pride in this young physically handicapped
boy of mine rises; even after the years
he’s been with us, I am surprised at how well
he does being completely independent; but
of course, I still worry and, more so, wonder
exactly how he does it and am happy to have
a social event as an excuse to travel with him
on his daily bus trip, up to school at the spit
of this island; not wanting to hover over him
as I know I might, I deliberately arrive a wee
bit late to the bus stop, just in time to watch him
board the rickety, old-timey wood bus; he hauls
himself up the steps readily, nimbly handling
backpack and his nearly useless left leg; I board
almost right after him, it’s crowded inside
and as I stand at the front, I can’t see him
anywhere; I look around noting the well-cared
for but ancient roll-down bamboo slat curtains
on the large square windows neatly opened at
half-mast to let in the daylight; adult riders
begin to move toward the front door as we’re
approaching the next stop, and I’m relieved
as now it’ll be a bit easier for me to hobble
back in the bus to find my boy; the rear seats
and aisle are even more crowded than the front
had been, and entirely with kids headed for
the last stop; and there my boy sits, squashed
happily among other noisy, unruly boys who
are clearly his good friends; he smiles brightly
on seeing me, making my morning; nay,
making my day, as he’s made every day
of my life since his birth


[on a dream of 3-13-19. This was influenced in part by the coming of the March 22nd birthday of Matthew -- a boy who could not have been more my son if I’d birthed him -- who was killed just before he turned 15. He died over 30 years ago, but I will always love him. Although I may not think of Matthew every day, he’s never far from welcome recall. As I have said many times about his death: I am grateful for the short time we had him with us. As to meaning in this dream for me? It seems I may need to “go back to school” in some way, that there’s more to be learned and not just with respect to Mathew’s short life and times. I also wonder at the association I have to the ending of this dream, a yearning I have more and more these days: to find that which will make my days again. Oy! It just hits me! In a way I have an adult (kinda, sorta
😊) Matthew in my life now. I need to be more overtly grateful for him. Photomorph “Teeming” (3-22-16 006v3[3]) by Roswila; I did considerable editing of this pic, but it wasn’t until I was posting it that I realized I’d taken the original on Matthew’s birthday, March 22nd three years ago]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home