Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

FULL CUP (photo) & FRAGILE DANCER (dream tanka series) by Roswila


FRAGILE DANCER

it's almost as if
we'd elected her to have
an affair with him,
we were all so certain, way
before the fact, that she would

I stand next to her,
this tiny blonde wannabe dancer,
a disturbing thought
buzzing around along with my
concern for her well being

she'd seemed committed
to her marriage, no matter
the clear attraction
between her and that Don Juan
of our group's dance project

what tipped her, ass over
tea kettle, into cheating?
a fine china cup
giving up to his rough lips
to be greedily slurped from

had our assumptions,
glaring through her translucence,
overly heated her
until she broke and, as the cliché
goes, melted into his arms


[tanka series on a dream of 11-6-18. No clear reaction to this one. (I do find that opening reference to "elected" amusing, given yesterday was mid-term election day here in the USA.) But as I'm typing this, I wonder if part of its "message" is that I really need to be careful what I keep thinking. Or I may talk myself into it. Not necessarily an affair, but what I "swallow," i.e. believe. It also raises an old issue I'd pretty much felt I'd finally adjusted to and accepted: my empathy -- that reference to translucence. Empathy not just in that sense of knowing what another person feels, but actually feeling it in one's own body. This dream is reminding me that avoiding having to deal with that recently resurgent, very agitating, overly empathic tendency, is a big part of why I've been isolating these past few months. Yeah, it was (very tactfully) once suggested that this empathy of mine might be a form of paranoia. True or not, the upshot is, it can become intolerable. (I'd accept calling it an aspect of my intense imagination more readily than it being labeled paranoia. :-D) Photo "Full Cup" (8-16-09 5605ev2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home