Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

SNAKES IN THE GRASS (photomorph) & THEIR OWN PURPOSES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THEIR OWN PURPOSES
(a "#metoo" dream)*

a foreign man of some sort
of Eastern-Asian extraction, pulls
me to him before we've even spoken
to each other, hey, we're total strangers!
the first thing I notice is the quality
of his tuxedo, I've never seen such fine
work and material, but this observation
is immediately shoved aside by the all
too familiar and compelling need to both
define and defend the integrity of my body
and space: he's all over me! hands lips crotch,
yes, crotch, as he backs me up against a wall
and mashes into me; why isn't anyone
at this big hotel celebration noticing
and rushing to my aid? I struggle to pry
him off me, realizing there's no one in
this large open lobby-corridor but us,
and then I note dark shadows standing
in the several archways surrounding
it: he's posted guards from his retinue
to be sure no one will come in! I start
to blame myself for this situation, as old
thoughts I'd believed myself well past
having anymore, such as "Well, if I
hadn't dressed so nicely, and lost all
that weight ..." begin to surface, even
as I shove his hands away from my butt
for the umpteenth time; ack! even when
I was obese and couldn't afford to dress
any better than a lumpy scarecrow,
the male of the species still molested
me on occasion, sneaky or outright,
but always uninvited: I think they smell
the vulnerability and the neediness;
most men and women might say
that these sorts of men read those
unintended messages all wrong, but
to my mind and from too much
experience, that's not the case, they
get them right, alright, but like all
predators, only by the light
of their own purposes


[narrative on a dream of 9-26-18 (drafted just before I started my blog break that ended early in October). *#metoo movement: -- if you're not familiar with this, click here. This dream was all too real, reflecting my history and feelings accurately. Though I'm not usually so angry. Then again, maybe it's good that I fully acknowledge the anger so that I can move on. If not to forgiveness, at least I won't carry the toxicity hidden away within me. Later comment: I subsequently had an even angrier dream -- see the dream poem of several days ago posted here and titled THE SNIPER -- which indicates I've got a lot of inner work yet to do on this issue. Eh, nu? I've been faced with this sort of stuff since I was only six years old ... Photomorph "Snakes in the Grass" (10-10-18 1008v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home